Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I had the weirdest dream this morning. I dreamt I was in a relationship with some guy I knew when I was in junior high. I was in junior high and he was a senior in highs school. I only knew him because he used to pull on my braids when he walked by me. I was 13 years old and I wore my hair in braids.

But like I was such an innocent 13 year old, that I just thought it was so annoying that some guy I didn't even know was pulling on my hair. It wasn't till I was much older did it occur to me that maybe that guy him was like flirting wtih me or something. I don't know, because there was some other guy who used to pull on my braids as well. It's still such a mystery to me.

Anyway, I think I dreamt about this guy because when I was home last summer I found out that he had run for mayor of my island and lost. The guy from junior high was really smart, and went to USC and then went on to law school.

When I first heard the story all I remembered about the guy, his name was Randall, was he was that annoying senior freak who couldn't stop pulling on my hair. I couldn't believe he had come back home, opened up his own law practice and then tried to unsuccessfully run for mayor. How bizarre is that?

In the dream, we were together but here and not at home. Only the dream was kind of fuzzy, because then Randall the laywer island guy turned into this other guy I met a few years ago who was in law school here in San Francisco. So maybe I just had a dream about marrying lawyers or something. But it was so weird to dream about that guy from junior high, because I haven't seen the boy since junior high.

Just thinking about it gives me the creeps. I was 13 years old and the guy was 17 or 18 years old and pulling on my braids. What was up with that? And my poor 13 year old did not know what the heck was going on? Not that being older makes a difference, because I'm just as foggy about men and their actions now as I was at age 13. Clueless!

No comments: