Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, May 14, 2004

My film history professor, Ira Mr. Liberal Hollywood left winger, came up to me during the break in class last night and thanked me volunteering alternative opinions during class. He said it made him think differently about things, and he was glad I made an effort to participate.

What an odd comment! Of course cynical me was thinking, are you thanking me for pointing out the left wing liberal view is not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We were discussing Michael Moore's latest new film and how Disney wasn't going to distribute it. And I decided to pipe up and say, but that's what happened to Mel Gibson's movie, "The Passion of the Christ". Gibson put up his own money to make the film and found his own distributor, because Hollywood wouldn't go near a "christian" movie with a 10 foot pole. But you never heard an uproar in the press about Gibson being treated unfairly in Hollywood like what you're hearing about Michael Moore.

And why is that I wonder? Because Christian films are not a 'cause du jour' for the liberal left wing media? I wanted to add that you can't just say Michael Moore, a supposed left wing nut case, gets the shaft by Hollywood without saying that so does a supposed right wing christian nut case like Mel Gibson.

But of course nobody in class wanted to say that because it's so not politically correct in San Francisco to defend anything Christian even when you know the Christian thing is being treated just as unfairly as the left wing thing. And it's that kind of hypocrisy on either side of the political spectrum that just makes me madder than a hatter.

No comments: