Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, July 10, 2001

I keep thinking about this novel that I want to write. I don't see myself as the kind of writer who writes novels. They seem way too long and way too involved. But this one particular story I think, will be so long, it will have to be a novel. I have a title. I seem to be great at coming up with titles for my stories. The title for this novel is called "Following in the Dark". I like it. It's a little strange but it seems to make sense at least to me. I think I am back in what I call "my twisted sister" mood. I have weird stories in my head that keep wanting to get out. And yes, stranger than my elf girl story. The stories are dark, twisted, tending to the shadow side of personhood. That's why I call them my twisted sister stories. They're usually about the dark think I keep hidden away, that nobody knows about, that sometimes even surprise me. I think everyone has secrets, a dark side, a sinister and gleeful side that even their closest friends don't know about.

It's the side that gets turned on by lurid and lewd things. Things which in SF are so politically incorrect but which are so deliciously evil and very funny in their own way.

This novel is about a woman who has this dark side, this sinister, closet evil slut side. She meets a man, Jake, who introduces her to the darker side of sex and lust. I don't think the story is about S&M, although some of it takes place in that world. The story is more about embracing your dark side and at the same time embracing your light side. I think you have to be both, to be normal. You can't embrace one without embracing the other, although most people do embrace only their light side. When you only embrace one side, the other side tends to leak out, spill out, spew out in the most surprising ways. I think the novel also has alot to do with pain. I think pain can be an interesting thing to think about. People have so many associations with pain. It's a loaded topic, so loaded that it starts to take on a life of its own. Pain can either be your guide or it can rule your life, it's your decision. And I mean pain of any kind, emotional, physical, sexual, whatever. Sometimes pain takes you on a dark and winding path that sometimes leads to transformation and other times lead you to pure hell. But I don't think you know until you go down the path where it's going to lead and even then and it's a 50/50 split either way. But again, it's that whole ying and yang thing. Heaven/hell, pain/pleasure. What is someone's pain can also be someone's deep, deep pleasure.

No comments: