Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Day 331 - my bible readings for today.

Daniel 2: 24-49 (ESV)
27 - 30: “No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery that the king has asked, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days ...But as for me, this mystery has been revealed to me, not because of any wisdom that I have more than all the living, but in order that the interpretation may be made known to the king, and that you may know the thoughts of your mind."

What struck me about this passage is how the prophet Daniel acknowledges that everything comes from God:
  • God reveals the mysteries or dreams to the dreamer
  • God reveals the interpretation of the mysteries of the dream to one who interprets them.
I don't remember my dreams very much, and when I do remember a dream it is a "big thing" for me. This Bible passage reminds me that everything comes from God, and perhaps when I remember a dream it is because God is trying to reveal something to me that maybe I couldn't have gotten any other way. Was it because I was not listening or paying attention? Or is having the dream just the start of perhaps God hinting to me that he has the message, and the dream is my first hint.

I try to interpret my own dreams, and I love the thought that God is involved in this process as well. That God is guiding me on how to interpret my dreams. For me there is a comfort in knowing that God is in charge of all aspects of life, but it is a fact that I often forget or ignore because I want to be in charge of my own life and decisions. But I have learnt the hard way over the years, that my way is often the hard way, the round about way, and that God's way is always better.

2 Peter 1 (ESV)
21: "For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

What I like about this line, is that it is another reminder from the New Testament, that God is in charge of all things. That the Holy Spirit revealed to prophets the visions they saw and their interpretations. All things come from God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, to teach us something, good or bad. Sometimes, or maybe all the time, this is hard for us to remember. If there is such a thing as a "Matrix", perhaps we are in God's matrix because he created it, and God is always trying to reveal himself to us in all things, all circumstances of life, good, bad, and the indifferent.

God is in everything, the micro ,the macro, and the details.

No comments: