Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

2023 Updates

 Wow, it's been awhile since I've blogged. So many things have happened. Where to begin.

I finished a novel, yeah me! The novel is tentatively titled "Escape from Atlantis." Here's the concept for the story:

A slave girl in Atlantis must find a way to leave the capitol with her daughter before it sinks into the ocean.

When I was taking screenwriting classes for two years, I learned how to do a certain type of editing, so I am using for the novel. There are 12 steps you go through for editing, and I'm on step 7. Writing was easy compared to the editing because you have to look at every aspect and element of your novel one by one, and I think it makes for a better novel. You work on the structural things first and then the fun stuff like the descriptions. This is my first time using this way of editing, but I really like it. 

But working on the editing of this novel every day is hard, so as a way of distraction, I am plotting out my second novel. It's been jelling in my brain for a year, and yesterday I finally figured out who the antagonist was going to be in the story. 

My second novel idea is tentatively titled "Love in the aftermath." Not too happy about the title right now, but I know it will change. Here is the concept:

The last Lemurian princess is forced to go on the run with a wizard monk  to escape the Atlantean prince who wants to wipe out all traces of Lemuria from history.

Some folks are convinced that Japan was part of MU or Lemuria, so I am setting the story in northern Japan on the island of Hokkaido. This elfen Lemurian kingdom is one of the oldest and most rural of the Elf Kingdoms, but they hold many of the relics and treasures of MU and its history. After the war between Mu and Atlantis, the Atlanteans wanted to wipe out all traces of Mu from history, which is the background for the story.

What else....

I've also joined a reading the bible in a year group, which has been most rewarding. So I've been thinking I would blog about what I learn in my bible reading. I'm nearing the end for this year, but I'm thinking of posting every day to see if I like doing it. I also see it as a way to force myself to blog every day. But we'll see how it goes. I want to get back the excitement I felt in the past about my blog. 

So stay tuned. Cheers!


No comments: