Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 28, 2002

When I left my office this afternoon, there was some ice on my car. An icy car in Calfornia. Then it started first snowing and then hailing on the drive home. I moved to California to escape the snow and now it's snowing in California. What is our world's weather coming to?

Just heard on the radio that there were quakes in Southern California near Simi Valley. But people have been calling in and saying it's typical for the area.

I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow because I hate driving on icy roads. The last time I drove in snow was in New Mexico. I was vacationing in Santa Fe and I had reservations to stay at another hotel in Taos. The morning I was leaving Santa Fe, light snow started falling. I hopped in my rental car and drove up to Taos anyway. I drove right into a big snowstorm. It was wild. I hadn't driven in snow in years but it all came back to me. The snowstorm was so sudden, the snow ploughs weren't even out yet. Somehow I made it safely up the mountain but then I did have help. A car passed me and then slowed down and I followed this car all the way up to Taos. I never got a chance to thank the people or person in the car, because they just drove off. Maybe they saw that I was a tourist in a rental car and they felt so sorry for me. When I drove back down later and was able to look at the road, I was shocked by how dangerous the roads were. I guess I could have easily driven myself off a cliff in a snowstorm. Was it an angel car? Who knows. When I got to Taos, I checked into my hotel and then found the time of the next church service and drove to church to thank god for getting me through the snowstorm and to Taos.

No comments: