Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, April 22, 2005

I'm in bed and writing on my laptop. On Monday I finished typing up the handwritten pieces for Texas novel. I didn't write on Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't get up early to write either. It's still dark at 5 am and I just couldn't deal with it. I'm so lazy about getting out of bed. It has to stop though. Although I like writing after work, it's just too easy to skip it and do other things. I have to try writing in the morning again. Then I'll get it done and I won't have to worry about trying to fit it in with the rest of my day. I'm just so not a morning person, but I guess I'm going to have try and become one.

All the writing books says that you should write in the morning before you're critical mind has a chance to activate and nag you about how horrible you write. I think I owe it to my writing career to become a morning writer.

Before the money seminar last night, I did get an idea for a comedy screenplay about a woman who is a money seminar junkie. I got the idea from Ed Norton and Helena Bohnam-Carter in the movie "Fight Club", who were support group junkies. That was funny how they kept running into each other.

My character is a money-seminar junkie who is still in sad financial shape after many years, but who luckily gets an idea to start a business and it becomes a success. The plot follows her from klutzy financial ditz to Wall Street loved CEO, to her falling in love with a loser gigolo and then about to lose her company until her best friend, another money seminar junkie, comes to her resuce. And as in any good Hollywood romantic comedy, she falls in love with the guy best friend and gets back her company.

That's writing isn't it? I haven't had an idea for a screenplay that I've liked in a long time. It thihk this would be a fun one to write, once I get around to it.

Tonight I wrote 781 words for my Texas novel. It's not much, but it took to an hour to get it out even with me typing. Even if I just wrote 500-700 words a day, I would be done with novel sooner than the rate I'm writing it now.

I have the urge to get back to my baseball screenplay and to keep writing my timelines novel, but I'd like to fnish the Texas novel first because I'm so close to the end. It will be the first novel I've ever finished, and I think this accomplishment will be so amazing for me.

One thing in the money seminar that I got was that completion was very important. I have so many half finished stories. I need to just sit down and finish them even thoug they suck just to finish them. I think the energy of those completions will do wonder for my writing self-esteem. I still have two unfinished novels that I want to complete as well. There's just so many things to write and complete, but I'm having the hardest time finding the motivation to just sit down and write. I don't have blocks to writing, I have blocks to siting down and starting. How do you solve that problem easily?

No comments: