Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I went to Starfbombs to read a friend's screenplay and write. My friend told me it was a Bridget Jones type screenplay, but it really wasn't. The writer of Bridget Jones wrote Bridget tongue in cheek, and it was always a take off on "Pride and Prejudice". Bridget was always supposed to end up with Mr. Darcy, despite her quirkiness and her fat. My friend got the fatness and quirkiness of Bridget right, but the story ended up being more of a stereotypical feminist rant about leaving a marriage where you're not treated right and claiming your singlehood, which Bridget Jones was never about. The character resembles more the "Nurse Betty" or Geena Davis' character and marriage in "Thelma and Louise".

I don't know, I just couldn't relate to the woman. But then again I have a hard time relating to female characters who don't have fun in the sack, because thank god bad and depressing sex has never been something I've experienced in a long term relationship. But that's just me I think. Sex has always been fun for me and if it wasn't, I wouldn't be in the relationship in the first place. But I know my attitude towards sex is a little different than the average girl's.

I'm trying to watch "Zatoichi 8", and it's hard to write to wach a movie that's subutitled and write at the same time. So more later.

No comments: