Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 09, 2002

How do you when you've found the one, the one person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with, your soul partner? Do you all of a sudden look up and magically you see this guy and he's like totally beautiful and you hear the violins, you meet and then you fall in love. Or do you meet this nice and cute guy one day, and you become friends and soon he's like your best buddy and then friendship turns to lust and then to love. Or is it a combination of both.

I don't even believe in the concept of "the one". I believe you have many "right ones" and it all depends on how long they're supposed to last in your life. There's always the one for the moment, the week, three months, six months, five years and then I think finally the rest of your life. But how do you know which one the guy. Is he the guy who's supposed to last in your life for six weeks or is he the guy who's supposed to last a lifetime?

I wonder if you even know and that maybe it's a day to day to thing and pretty soon you're 90 years old and you're still with the same guy you've been with since your youth.

Something tells me that I've either met the one or I'm about to meet him and I don't which it is. I was raised catholic so I need like major signs to tell me some guy is the one and if I don't get the signs, I'm so not into it.

The only thing I know is the guy had better be pretty darn spectacular and imminently jumpable for me to leave the comfort and security of my single elf girl life. I love being single. I love the freedom of not having to account for my time to anyone but myself. I know I do better in a couple than as a single, but being single is such a great trip. There's no gig like it. There's so much freedom and time when you're single. When you're in a couple, I think there still is freedom and time, but there's just more organization and planning involved because you're dealing with two schedules instead of one.

But I don't know ... being single is great. At least I know how to be single and I've gotten used to it. But I also know that I'm one of those people that do so just a little better in a couple situation. I just want it to be the right couple situation and at this point in my life, nothing less than a perfect heaven or pretty darn close to it will do.

No comments: