Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, May 08, 2002

I saw Spider Man last night and totally loved it. The critics were right though, the special effects weren't that great. You could tell some of it was so computer generated and not really Tobey Maguire jumping from building to building. But the flying with the web sequences were great. Then there were those Matrix-esque moves which were great. Still, The Matrix had better special effects I think because of the interesting camera angles and the nature of computer generated Matrix world.

And it looks I'll get to enjoy Spider Man twice because I double booked myself for the movie. I forgot I promised my friend Kevin that we would go and when he called last night, I didn't have th heart to tell him I had already made plans to go and see Spider Man with my girlfriends in Redwood City on Friday. And now I'm too chicken to tell my girlfriends that I've already seen the movie because they were willing to wait till this Friday to see it with me. What to do.

Now that I've finished my screenplay and can get back to normal life, I think I'm going to overload myself on watching movies. If I want to be a movie screenwriter, I think I need to watch as many movies as I can stand. I want to see Dennis Quaid in The Rookie and there's a good double feature at the Balboa with Lantana and The Royal Tennebaums. But it's only Wednesday and the movie schedules change sometime on Thursday, so who knows what movies I'll be watching this weekend.

I also want to get back to other writing pieces. There's that novel that I start in November, that play I started in 1998, that short story I finished a month ago that needs to be edited and my two new stories about a shopping center carnival and my violin playing drug popping 19 year old boy who paints half his face white and half his face black and plays violin divinely in Washington Square Park.

And unlike wriitng screenplays at my pc at home, I can take my baby laptop and write my stories anywhere. This is definitely a good thing.

No comments: