Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 09, 2002

My new dating theory although it's an update of my old one, is you have a pretty good idea when you first hook up with someone whether it's going to work. Then you need to date at least for three months or 90 days to find out how well it's going to work. Some relationships work way better than others. If at the end of the 90 day period, you don't want to spend the rest of your life with that person then it's time to move on because anything else is just honestly a big waste of time for you and for him.

If the guy isn't dying to have me move in with him at the end of 90 days, I leave. Sometimes it takes awhile, but eventually I leave. What's the point? He's kidding himself and you if he doesn't know whether he wants to live with you at end of 90 days. I think most guys know this already, but whether they admit it or not is another issue. Sometimes guys get comfortable and will just hang around because they don't have any places else to go and it's not so bad for them.

Brian was the only guy who was the most honest with about how he felt about me and the both of us together. He had no fear of telling me the truth, even when he knew it would hurt us both. I think it takes a really strong man to be honest and Brian was definitetly strong. I trusted him with my life. I knew that in a life or death situation, Brian would always do the right thing and put my well being first. He would put anyone's well being first before his own, not just mine, but then Brian was a pretty darn spectucular and honorable guy. Who knows if there other guys like him that exist out in the world, or in the SF Bay Area. Brian is a fifth generation Texas native, so maybe this lineage accounts for his strength and honour. He was definitely more a 19th century kind of guy than a modern guy anyway, at least as far as his values.

I wonder if I will ever find a Brian type guy again in my life. I hope so.

No comments: