Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 18, 2003

I saw the movie Winged Migration over the weekend. It's a documentary about birds migrating all over the world.

It was so beautiful, because it just showed birds doing their migration thing. I love birdies!

The movie took four years to film, and it made you wonder how the film makers got that close to the birds. At one point, all you see are the birds flying in their 'v' formation and the only sounds you hear are of their wings flapping. This movie would be great to see in an IMAX theatre, because the camera is so close to the birds you can see their feathers moving and I got a sense of how tiring it must be for the birds to fly such long distances. It was so unbelievable! Click on the site and watch the trailer, and you'll see what I mean.

The movie does make you think about how the changes in the weather and the degradation of the environment may be affecting the migration of the birdies.

No comments: