Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I saw an old movie last night called "The Gift" with Cate Blanchett. She's such an awesome actor! She's so adaptable, playing everything from this southern white trash psychic to Queen Elizabeth, and she seems to authentic. Her southern accent was very fine.

Surprise, surprise! Keanu Reeves was also in it, playing a redneck wife beater. He does a great villian, especially if he has facial hair which makes him look not so baby faced.

I think if he weren't leading man material, he looks too heavenly for words, he'd be one heck of a great character actor specializing in evil villians. He brought alot of pent up anger and hostility to his role, and like Jason Isaacs the english actor, he comes across as just plain mean.

The story was good and scary, and it was co-written by Billy Bob Thornton. He and his partner did a good job of making the movie really creepy and scary.

Greg Kinnear, whom I started to despise in "As Good As It Gets", was also in it. I don't know, I just don't look the guy. I never liked him on "Talk Soup", and his switch to acting hasn't helped my opinion of him either.

Gary Cole was in it. He seems to be in every movie about the South, playing some kind of villian. Katie Holmes was also in it, and I guess she's trying to shed her school girl image because she did have some semi nekkid scenes where's she's only g-string knickers.

Giovanni Ribisi was also in it, and he was riveting as well. He's young, but already he's a very good actor. He's not the best looking guy in the world so he's not leading man material, but he is a compelling character actor.

No comments: