Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 28, 2003

I was talking to someone I've known for a couple of years, and all of sudden religion and God came up in our conversation. I don't usually bring the topic up unless it comes up in conversation, and then when it does I'm very careful about it.

Religion, faith and God have always been very personal issues for me, and unless I feel a certain comfort level with a person I don't talk about it. Religion, faith and God seem to such a hot-button issue, so controversial, in some circles so politically incorrect, that it's so worth the stress of getting into it unless it's brought up.

Some people are so entrenched in their beliefs on either side of the issue, that to me it's a waste of my energy and breath to talk about it. They're not open, they'll argue and freak out, why bother? Life is stressful enough, why add to everyone's already stressed out life.

Anyway, I think my friend fears religion, fears Jesus, and fears God, and her fears really shocked me. I've never feared religion, Jesus or God, ever in my life.

I mean, maybe that's my problem in life, that I don't fear far Jesus, God or religion, but I don't have memories of ever fearing these things. I don't even get how anyone can fear religion, Jesus or God, and I don't think I want to know.

It's sad to think that my woman friend has been treated so badly sometime in her life by people in the name of religion, Jesus and God, that age 60+ she still fears it.

What's weird is that as we were having the conversation, I could feel my reptilian brain activating because I could sense, no feel is a better word, feel her fear. I've never had that sensation before. She was afraid of me, because I told her I believed in God, JC and was a christian.

People fear Jesus. This is such a strange concept to me.

No comments: