Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 18, 2003

I'm starting my art history class tonight on the "History of Contemporary Art". It's an in depth look at art after 1940. You know, all the really, really modern stuff.

I took a class from this professor before and he's very good, so I'm looking forward to being in his class again.

He's an artist as well as an art historian, which I think makes his teaching so much better because he's creating art in his life as well as studying it. He's not some frustrated wanna be artist teaching art, because he's a failure as an artist. He's a professional artist, who has shows, teaches painting class as well as the history of art.

The best yoga class I ever took was from a professional ex-ballet dancer, who also still taught dance classes. The guy knew everything about the body and how it worked and about how not to injure yourself. The man has to use his body professionally outside of teaching yoga, and he was just so knowledgable. I mean, I think you would have to be, to teach and as well as dance professionally.

He wasn't like some part time yoga instructor. The guy used his body 5-7 days a week, and not just for a year or two but for most of his life. If you're getting paid to dance and teach dance, I would think you know a few things about the body and how to get it to work.

No comments: