Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 18, 2003

Wow, my contemporary art history class was packed. 50 people were in the class.

I so don't believe it when the "pundits" say culture is dead in America. I go to art museums now once a month, and every time I go it's so crowded with people, and they're mostly tourists.

My art class has 50 people. Okay, granted it's art class in downtown San Francisco, but still. A class on a Monday night, come on! I'm giving up Monday Night Football to study art. I am like so sacrificing, because I love watching football!

My art teacher gave an introductory slide lecture, and talk about current. His last slide was a shot of Burning Man, and he asked the class, "is Burning Man art? Can people, some who say they're not artists some who say they are, become artists by being part of an event that some people say is art?"

I love studying art history. Studying art feels so necessary for my work as a writer. I don't know why, but it does.

I like studying how other people are creative, and where they take their creativity, what they're reacting to, what they're rebelling against, what kind of statement they're trying to make.

No comments: