Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Here's a good article on two of the intellectual loves of my life, Christopher Hitchens and Thomas Friedman, The Liberal Hawks.

I'm adding it to my list of labels, "Brenda Elfgirl the Liberal Hawk". Even former peace doves will fight when attacked. I still haven't read or heard any cogent arguments for the other side that can stand up to Hitchens and Friedman.

My fantasy is to write fiction and stories as well these two can argue and write.

**For Hitchens, a confirmed atheist, the real war, the ongoing war, is ages older. “I think everything is a clash between secularism and religion – my original allegiance to the left was on this point,” he said. “You hear (the left) saying ‘Well, we mustn’t offend Muslims.’ Do they think the Muslims will return the compliment? Do they think the Muslims will recognize gay marriages? Yes, actually they do."**

No comments: