Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, February 09, 2004

I think my new boss figured out that I wasn't happy with the new move. He called me today and said he wanted me to come spend a week at the Sacramento office, when he would be in town in March. Like big whoop getting to go to Sacramento for a business trip for a week.

I told him I had classes on Monday and Thursday night, and he didn't even moan and groan like I thought he would. He said fine, and that I should plan on being there from Tuesday thru Thursday but that I could leave early on Thursday to get to my class.

I'm like I hate this. I'll probably be staying at the same hotel he stays at, and he'll want to do the business socializing thing. It's only for two nights which means one of those nights or at least lunch times will be a group eating event.

I think he said he would be there Monday, which means he'll have his own car and I don't have to chauffer him around. That would be the worst!

The guy is a total control freak, and he hates that I work at home where no one can keep an eye on me and report on me when I'm slacking off. Whatever!

I've been checking it out, and the job market for my field isn't as bad as I thought it would be given the sorry state of the economy. In fact, I haven't seen this many ads for jobs in my particular line of work ever. That's got to be a fortuitous sign yes? It might take awhile, but one of these days I'll be moving on.

No comments: