Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I was so depressed and freaked out last night, I started reading Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross.

This book brought so much comfort to me during my depression times. I haven't read this book in years, but as soon as I started reading it I felt better. One of the reviewers from Amazon said she couldn't understand it at first, but I totally related to the book the first time I opened it up. It's definitely not for everyone, and my catholic background definitely helps me to understand it.

I wonder if I am going through a "dark night of the soul". It's only happened to me once before and afterwards, I changed my life around 360 degrees twice. I'm not sure I want to go through that level of change again, but I might have to if I am going through a "dark night" phase again.

No comments: