Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, February 08, 2004

I went to the sister church again this morning, and they were celebrating Boy Scout Sunday. I can't imagine this happening at my home church. The Boy Scouts would be way too politically incorrect. The sister church has had a relationship with a boy scout troup for 89 years and they're proud of it, as they should be.

The minister brought up the Janet Jackson superbowl halftime incident, and prefaced his statement by saying he knew the congregation wished he wasn't going to do it. People laughed.

He had a good sermon today, which was an answer to people who say "nature is their church". I was up in Tahoe with a boyfriend once, and he said as much to me.

He gave examples of situations where you have have to decide what to do and he said, "a tree can't help you decide what to do." That's where Janet Jackson came in. He said "a tree can't help you decide what to think about Janet Jackson's exposure if you felt outraged by it" or something like that.

The one thing the sister church isn't doing is preaching on the revised common lectionary like my home church. I thought the lectionary for 2004 was all about Luke.

No comments: