Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, February 09, 2004

So I went to the phone store to upgrade my cell phone, and I ended up nging to a cheaper plan with less coverage. I stopped travelling for work, and I started to think I was paying for coverage that I never really used.

I have the cheaper plan, so if I want to upgrade I won't get penalized. I did sign a two year contract, but I never switched phone contracts in four years so I'm not too worried.

Of course, now I'm just worried about getting hit by roaming charges. I used to get those all the time before I switched plans, and roaming charges can really, really add up. I have a national plan, but it only covers major cities.
Damn! I shouldn't have switched plans, but I've been thinking for a long time that I'm paying way too much for expensive coverage that I'm not using.

Oh well. The rumor is my carrier is up for sale, and it looks like it will happen. I'll probably get better coverage once that happens.

So here's the new phone, Nokia 3100. I have a Nokia 6162 before, and that phone lasted me about four years.

No comments: