Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I saw "The Da Vinci Code" last night and loved the movie. It's not the book, but I thought Akiva Goldsman did an excellent job of translating the book into a movie. Even if you haven't read the book, you still the get fundamental story.

There were so many things that Ron Howard added visually which enhanced the book. My friend and I think that the critics hated it, because let's face it, the critics hate anything to do with spirituality. The critics hated "The Passion", and that was definitely an excellent movie and Mel Gibson made his money back and a ton more. Hollywood critics will never love a movie that has anything to do with Jesus.

Just because the critics hated the movie, I think people who read the book will still be interested in watching a movie made from the book just to see what was left in and what was left out.

My friend and I thought that some parts of the movie were very, very moving. And I think that if your faith is shaken by this fictional work, then your faith wasn't very strong to begin with because it's not like any of this information is very, very new. The filmmakers made it clear that no matter what you think Jesus did or didn't do, you cannot deny that he was an amazing spiritual master who changed the world for the better.

I give the movie a B+. "The Passion" is still my favourite modern Jesus movie after "The Last Temptation of Christ", but "The Da Vinci Code" is definitely worth seeing.

No comments: