Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 11, 2006

It's the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and I'm at home surfing the net and watching Monday Night Football on ESPN and not on ABC. I can't even remember how I spent my 9/11 five years ago. It's all a blur. I was probably watching TV all night long and listening to pundit after pundit trying to explain what happened.

The Oakland Raiders are getting their butts kicked by the San Diego Chargers. The 49ers got their bums kicked yesterday in Arizona. It doesn't look like it's going to be a good football season in the San Francisco Bay Area. I know I am being pessimistic because it's only the first game sof the season, but it would have been nice for both teams to win their first games.

Not sure if I like Monday Night Football on ESPN. I was watching the Redskins/Viking games and I was annoyed by the announcers. I recognized the voice and I was wondering if it was Joe Theisman. I can't stand his voice. It's so weird because I heard Joe speak at a company meeting. The guy sells himself as an inspirational speaker. I don't think so.

I think the only reason they had him speak was because the execs at that company were all football crazy. Fantasy football was a big deal among the executive leadership and they took it very seriously. The Booard Room with the $250K silk rug was used for the draft meeting and I heard it was a very serious event.

All the execs always played in the March Madness pool as well, but it was as serious as Fantasy Football.

Oh well. At least football fans must be happy because it's a double header. And one good thing about not havingn MNF on ABC is I don't have to watch promos for TV shows. It's been mostly Superbowl type commercials. This works for me. I hate watching TV show promos during a game. They are so annoying!

The guys that dress up in the Oakland Raiders Black Hole crack me up. When I attended the Jim Rome's The Jungle Oakland tour stop a few years ago, those guys were there all made up and in full custume. They really made me laugh. You gotta love a crowd that boos the warm up band. How funny is that. I tried to fit in and wore a push-up bra and tight t-shirt. I knew if I looked semi-decent, the guys would leave me alone. Plus, I dragged a good guy friend with me and Charlie was good looking enough to scare guys. We ended up talking to other couples there who all assumed Charlie was the Jim Rome fan and not me, which ended up being kind of awkward. But Charlie was a good BS'er so he could hang and not look too dumb. I had no idea he liked sports so much. That was a side of him I wasn't aware of until that day.

No comments: