Luke 21-22, Psalm 119:97-128
Luke 21:2-4 (NLT)
“Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. ‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus said, ‘this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.’”
In Luke 21:2–4, we read the well-known story of the poor widow who dropped two small coins into the collection box, compared with the rich people who had given their gifts before her. Jesus praised the widow because He knew she had given everything she had to live on. The others had given only a small part of their surplus wealth.
When I read these verses, money or tithing did not come to my mind, even though preachers often use these verses when teaching about giving. Instead, the widow's willingness to give everything made me think about surrendering my beliefs to the Lord. Her actions made me consider what it means to place even the things that make me feel secure into Father-God's hands. For me, that includes being willing to surrender beliefs about myself, my life, security, and what I think I need in order to be okay, and allowing the Lord to change those beliefs.
I thought about the night when I decided to surrender everything I believed about life to the Lord. Tears welled up in my eyes as I released years of beliefs that I wasn't sure were true anymore. Then I felt peace descend on me, and I sensed the Holy Spirit working in the places in my thinking that I had surrendered. The next day, I woke up with a sense of urgency to do things I had been putting off. Throughout the day, I felt that I had more motivation instead of the usual sense of laziness I often felt. By surrendering beliefs I held about myself, I had become more receptive to the Holy Spirit's guidance and work in my life. And when I'm ready, I will surrender more beliefs to the Lord because I have a lifetime of beliefs to surrender to Father-God.
If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One we can trust enough to surrender our lives and deeply held beliefs to—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.
Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus' name. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord's love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.
S. Brenda Elfgirl - I was told I am an elf in a parallel life, and I live in the Arizona desert exploring what this means. I've had this blog for a while and I write about the things that interest me. My spiritual teacher told me that my journey in life is about balancing "the perfect oneness of a sweetness heart and the effulgent soul". My inner and outer lives are like parallel lines that will one day meet, but only when there is a new way of thinking. Read on as I try to find the balance.
Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment