Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Day 100 Bible Reading

Deuteronomy 13-14, Luke 13: 1-30, Psalm 55: 12-23

Deuteronomy 13: 3-4 (ESV)

“..For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.”

These two verses from Deuteronomy 13 are Moses’ response to false prophets and others who say they can see the future and tempt us to worship other “gods”. When we come across these people, we must ask God for discernment. God allows such people to exist among us so he can test us. Are we truly faithful believers in him and his word or are we merely seeking a spiritual experience or even sign? Christ is our savior, but he also has commandments for us to follow. These are the few things God asks of us – to keep his commandments, obey him through the voice of the Holy Spirit, and serve him. I think the most important thing here in my experience is asking God for discernment. I constantly pray to God for discernment on what to do if I am at all confused or something doesn’t feel right, and I can’t come to an instant decision on what to do. Sometimes I do argue with God when he does give his advice, but over the years I’ve learned that if I don’t follow him my life doesn’t always turn out as well as I thought it would. Even if the response from God seems crazy and nonsensical, God always ends up being right.

No comments: