Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Day 114 Bible Reading - Luke 22

Joshua 5: 13-15, Joshua 6-7, Luke 22: 39-62, Psalm 66: 1-12

Luke 22: 43 (ESV)

“And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him.”

After reading bible commentaries for today’s verses, I found verse 43 from Luke 22 to be the most poignant. Jesus was praying to God and saying “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” God’s answer to Christ was to send an angel to strengthen him. Sometimes when we pray to God to lift a burden from our lives, what we get instead is the feeling of being strengthened by God so we can go through the burden and experience it. I know what this feels like, and it seemed to me very cruel at the time. But when the experience of the burden was completed, I realized it was for my own good and it strengthened me instead of weakening me. God was right as always, and in my agony, I doubted his intentions for my life. But as the years go by, I’ve come to believe that God always has my best interests in mind and will always act in a way that always benefits me.

Christ knew this. He never doubted his father’s love for him. Christ took the burden of the cross for us because he loved us, because it was his father’s will for him. And if it wasn’t for Christ’s love for us, we would be paying the price for our own sins.

No comments: