Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Day 112 Bible Reading - Luke 21: 34-36 (ESV)

Joshua 1 and 2, Luke 21: 5-38, Psalm 64

Luke 21: 34-36 (ESV)

“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Verses 34 through 36 from Luke 21 reminds us we need always be ready for the return on Christ. It seems like with event going on in the world today, many people are saying we are the crest of the end times warned about in the bible and especially in Revelations. Are we going through end times? It seems to me whenever there were problems in the world, I picture pastors preaching about the end times in their churches. I can imagine it happened in World War 1 and World War 2, especially in Europe. A study of history shows us that Christians have been persecuted since the death of Christ, and the persecution of Christians continues today. But are we in end times? I don’t know. I think of people who have lost their jobs and are going through a difficult time financially. Do they think they are in end times? Or are they just going through a season of distress? What about people who are suffering from an illness who are suffering? Do they think they are in end times?

Even Jesus says the end times will come as a surprise like a trap. I think the only thing we can do is watch what is happening in the world, and as always strengthen our relationship with God. We need think every night before we go to sleep, am I right in my relationship with God? Am I right in my relationship with my family and friends? If the world ended tonight, am I ready to stand before God with confidence? And if we’re not, what is our action plan to do something about it?

No comments: