Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Day 116 Bible Reading - Psalm 67: 1-2 (ESV)

Joshua 9: 16-27, Joshua 10, Luke 23: 26-56, Psalm 67

Psalm 67: 1-2 (ESV)

“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations.”

When I read verses 1 and 2 from Psalm 67, I immediately thought of The Blessing Song by Kari Job featuring Cody Carnes because of the line “make his face shine upon us”. In this song, they sing “make his face shine upon you”. I saw Kari Jobe in concert many years ago and I loved her music so much, I bought one of the CDs they were selling at the concert. A friend had invited me to go my first Christian music concert, and Kari was part of the line-up. I had never been to an event like that, and I was stunned to see so many people praising God at a music concert. I think that was the start of my road back to the church, after years of not wanting to ever get involved in a church again because of the politics I had witnessed in a church I had been attending. I’m glad my friend invited me and although we’ve lost touch, I still think of her very fondly.

For your listening pleasure, the live version of The Blessing Song by Kari Job featuring Cody Carnes from Elevation Worship:



No comments: