Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Day 105 Bible Reading - Luke 17: 10 (ESV)


Deuteronomy 23-25, Luke 16: 19-31, Luke 17: 1-10, Psalm 59: 1-12

Luke 17: 10 (ESV)

“So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”

I was listening to a bible commentary on verse 10 from Luke 17 which said that we will never be able to put God in debt to us because anything we do for him is such a small repayment for his work in our life. The pastor said even if one were to give up their life, it would still not be payment enough for everything God has done for us. If we were to truly realize how much God has done for us, we would want to serve him out of gratitude. In fact, we would see it as a privilege of being allowed to serve God.

To be honest, I had never thought of my service to God in this way. I am one of those people who constantly complain about how much God wants me to do, and I’m just talking about the laws. I feel like Holy Spirit has been encouraging me to eat kosher style because of my food allergies. I had no idea how hard it was to stop eating dairy and meat products together until I started doing it. I am still bemoaning the loss of eating a “normal” pizza, because according to Kosher dietary rules I can now only eat cheese or vegetarian pizza. But since my food allergy reactions have subsided, I know that eating Kosher style is probably a good way of eating for me and Holy Spirit was right as usual. There is that part of me that is still very independent and resentful of having to follow God’s laws, even if they are good for me. But perhaps the pastor is right. If I think about all the miracles God has performed in my life, I know that I would never be able to repay him for his mercy and generosity through my obedience and service to him.

No comments: