Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Day 109 Bible Reading - Psalm 61

Deuteronomy 30: 11-20, Deuteronomy 31: 1-29, Luke 19: 11-44, Psalm 61

Psalm 61: 1-3 (ESV)

“Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.”

Verses 1 to 3 from Psalm 61 remind us that when our hearts are troubled, we need to remember that God is our rock and save us drowning in our melancholy. We also need to remember that God has been faithful to us and has answered our prayers in the past. He has been a refuge and often a “strong tower” when we were filled with fear. I love Psalms of David. I love to read them when I feel sad and overwhelmed and need encouragement. David was always praying to God for help when he needed it. Even if he doubted God in the beginning of a Psalm, he would always remind himself of God’s faithfulness to him and his trust in God was restored. David is great example of someone who was favored by God, but still needed to constantly pray to him for favor, when he was afraid, for everything it seems. David was not afraid to pray to God for everything in his life, and his prayer most likely increased his favor with God. I think sometimes when I feel favored by God, I forget to pray and I know this has been a mistake. Prayer to God keeps him in the forefront of my mind, so I never forget his faithfulness.

No comments: