Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, April 12, 2024

Day 101 Bible Reading

Deuteronomy 15, Deuteronomy 16: 1-20, Luke 13: 31-35, Luke 14: 1-14, Psalm 56

Luke 14: 11 (ESV)

“For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Verse 11 from Luke 14 reminds us of life of Christ, and how he is a model for how we need to lead our lives. He humbled himself when he came to earth to be with us, and when he gave up his life for us he was exalted. If we can embrace being humble with joy, we will not be filled with a high opinion of ourselves and can enjoy life fully. We will be content in whatever places God gives to us. When we our full of ourselves and haughty, inevitably there will always be someone who comes along who will greater than us. At the same time, we cannot act humble so that other notice our behavior and we enjoy a very subtle form of spiritual pride. But in modern life, it is hard to be humble because we live in a society that praises achievement. I know for myself that when I try to be humble, I wonder if I’m being too meek or just lacking in self-confidence. I always pray to God that I’m doing the right thing because half the time I don’t know how I’m supposed to behave. But I think that’s a good thing for me, to always ask God what I need to do. It strengthens my faith and my relationship with him. And that’s the important thing to me right now.

No comments: