Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, April 15, 2024

Day 103 Bible Reading

Deuteronomy 19 and 20, Luke 15, Psalm 57: 7-11

Luke 15: 24 (ESV)

“For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.”

Verse 24 from Luke 15 is the parable of the prodigal son and tells us how happy the father was when his son returned.  We are reminded in this parable how happy Christ is when we return to him and are repentant. God loves us so much that he gave us free will to do what we want, and that includes letting us make decisions that sometimes aren’t for our own good. When we realize the error of our ways and ask God for his forgiveness, he rejoices that we have learned the error of our ways and takes us back with joy and in celebration. I have often felt like the prodigal child in my relationship with God. I left him and learned my lessons and came back to God several times. Each time Christ was always joyful that I returned and welcomed me back with open arms. What other God would do this for his followers? Only Christ would love us so much to take us back when we leave him.

No comments: