Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, April 05, 2024

Day 94 Bible Reading

Deuteronomy 1, Deuteronomy 2: 1-23, Luke 9: 57-62, Luke 10: 1-24, Psalm 51: 1-9

Luke 10: 3 (ESV)

“Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.”

Verse 3 from Luke 10 reminds us we need to be like lambs when doing the work of God. A lamb is totally dependent on his shepherd to care for him, to guide him, and protect him. If we think of ourselves as a lamb and God as our shepherd, we can do the work of God without fear knowing that we are dependent on God. God will guide us and work through us in what to say and how to act. God will care for us to make sure we are headed in the right direction. And finally, God will protect us as we do our work for him in the world of “wolves.” And I know sometimes it does feel like sometimes when you are doing the work of God, that you are a sacrificial lamb. There is fear, there is trepidation, there is even a metaphorical fear of death and in some cases perhaps a literal fear of death. But we have to have faith that even if we experience a metaphorical death of our ego, God is working through us and that out of the death of our ego God will be able to speak through us in faith.

Note: I was a day behind in posting my bible readings, but I am finally caught up. YEAH! Praise God!

No comments: