Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 03, 2005

I had a good day on Sunday. My clueless brother sent my christmas present to my old address, and thank goodness my building manager was kind enough to call me and hold it for me till I got back. As I walked by my old apartment, I wondered who was living there.

Then I went to the Starfbombs near my gym to write. Some older dude was there staring at me the whole time. He was kind of alright looking, and was there with his grownup son having coffee. I suppose it's a good way to start the new year with a guy who was making it very obvious that I was a hottie.

I'm doing the Graham Greene method and writing 500-700 words a day, which is about four handwritten pages for me. I'm also thinking of going on Graham Greene binge and reading all of his stuff. Loved that New Yorker article on him which I finished over my vacation.

Next stop was to the gym for a run. I started to panic when after a mile, my left knee started hurting. I walked for a few minutes, and then started running again and the pain was gone. My body was rebelling and telling me you just can't start running hard after not running since early November. After my knee pain, I decided to quit while I was ahead and not do another half an hour on the bike or weights.

Then it was laundry and grocery shopping. Sunday night is the worst night to grocer shop. The veggie shelves at Trader Joes and Safeway were so empty!

Final stop was home for dinner and a movie from Netflix - Zatoichi, Volume 7. Yes, I'm still on my japanese samurai movie kick. I'm still getting a thrill out of the watching the blind guy kill tons of people. I think I'm going to have to purchase Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2, so I can get my kung fu movie kick whenever I want.

I was thinking this morning that it's sad that good days for me lately have been few and far between these past few months. It used to be the opposite. Guess I'm going to have spend 2005 reversing the trend.

No comments: