Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 17, 2005

So my good mood has continued into the night. It feels as if I've really turned a corner in my life, and how good I'm feeling is so radically different than how I felt say a day ago. Whatever is going on in my life today, I'm grateful for it.

I stepped away from my Texas novel today, and went back to the novel I started for Nanowrimo called "Changing Timelines". I printed it out, and although it needs considerable rewriting and tightening, it's not a bad story. I was really surprised at how quickly I entered into the action of the story. That's a first for me. Usually the first chapters are all about exposition, but this story got going pretty darn quickly. It was fun to keep writing for it, and I was able to produce four handwritten pages as I'm still sticking to my Graham Greene four page routine.

Sometimes when I read over my work, I feel like I'm reading the words of a stranger. I can't believe sometimes the stuff that comes out of my pen. Where does it all come from?

I printed out the start of a short story that I keep meaning to write, and the voice in the story is so authentic and I'm like, who is this character and where did I pick up this voice? It's such an odd feeling.

No comments: