Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm watching the Tsunami concert of hope on TV, and I'm getting flashbacks to 9/11 but the tsunami didn't affect me like 9/11 did. I was on vacation in Houston at my cousin's and the tsunami seemed truly like another world away even though I'd been in that part of the world.

That part of the world will never be the same ever. It will recover, but from the pictures it looks like the landscape has changed forever. I don't know why I'm not affected, because I know I should be. So many people have died, and a generation of people were wiped out. That's huge. I don't know. Maybe I'm in still in shock and one of these soon it will hit me.

The thing that's better about this TV concert is they decided to put the name of the people performing. They didn't do that for 9/11 and a friend of mine who's not plugged into all the new music, spent the whole night wondering who the heck all the performers were.

9/11 made me feel like life could wiped in a second, and I've never forgotten that feeling ever. I think this tsunami disaster did the same for the people who may have forgotten about 9/11. Life is short, and you've got to live like it's your last, but you've also got to make good choices because choices have consequences like anything else.

No comments: