Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Day 275 Bible Readings - Luke 18:16-17 (NLT)

Luke 17-18, Psalm 119:33-64

Luke 18:16-17 (NLT)

“Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.’”

In Luke 18:16–17, Jesus told the disciples to let the children come to Him after the disciples scolded the parents for bringing their children so Jesus could touch and bless them. Then Jesus said the Kingdom of Father-God belongs to those who receive it like a child. Children cannot depend on their position or achievements to earn what they need. They are naturally dependent upon others and receive what is given to them with trust and openness.

One Bible commentary I read noted that children receive blessings without trying to make themselves worthy of them or pretending they don't need them. Children have a capacity for trust and receptiveness that adults can sometimes lose. Children depend on their parents for guidance, provision, protection, and strength. They cannot provide everything they need for themselves. In the same way, believers need to recognize their dependence upon Father-God. Another Bible commentary noted that entrance into the Lord's Kingdom is impossible for those who insist upon being self-reliant and proud.

I was watching a revival with Evangelist Cody Jones, and he said that when he blessed the children at the church, they received more from him than some of the people who heard him preach. His observation reminded me of these verses and of how readily children can receive what is offered to them. I have a lifetime of experiences that taught me not to trust people, and it takes a daily surrender of everything I think I know to the Lord for me to develop that kind of childlike trust in Father-God. But I know that reading the Bible daily and reflecting on what I read helps me deepen my trust in the Lord because the Bible is full of examples of Father-God's character, care, and faithfulness to His people.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who teaches us to receive the Kingdom of Father-God with the trust and dependence of a child—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus' name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord's love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: