Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, October 05, 2026

Day 276 Bible Readings - Luke 19:43-44 (NLT)

Luke 19-20, Psalm 119:65-96

Luke 19:43-44 (NLT)

“Before long your enemies will build ramparts against your walls and encircle you and close in on you from every side. They will crush you into the ground, and your children with you. Your enemies will not leave a single stone in place, because you did not recognize it when God visited you.”

In Luke 19:43–44, Jesus prophesies about the destruction of Jerusalem. He tells them that their enemies will build an embankment against the city, surround it, and close in on it from every side. The enemy will crush the city and its inhabitants, including their children, and will not leave one stone upon another. Then Christ concludes that this destruction will take place because Jerusalem did not recognize the time when Father-God came to them through Him.

One Bible commentary I read noted that Christ's prophecy about the destruction of Jerusalem was remarkably accurate because He predicted several specific aspects of the Roman attack on Jerusalem in AD 70. Jesus predicted the building of an embankment, the surrounding and siege of Jerusalem, the destruction of the city, and the killing of its inhabitants. The Romans ultimately destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple.

These verses remind me that I can rely on the accuracy and reliability of Bible prophecy. I can trust in the fulfillment of the Lord's Word and His purposes for the world and trust Him with His purpose for my life. One Bible commentary I read noted that ignoring Father-God's call and presence can lead to spiritual and sometimes physical consequences. Jerusalem rejected Christ and failed to recognize the time of His visitation, and judgment followed. I know that when I didn't follow or ignored the guidance of the Holy Spirit, there were spiritual consequences and sometimes physical consequences from my choices. Now that I seek to follow the Holy Spirit's guidance, I experience more peace in my life, and I avoid some of the problems that came from relying only on my own judgment.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One whose words are trustworthy and whose guidance we can rely upon—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus' name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord's love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: