Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, October 02, 2026

Day 273 Bible Readings - Luke 12;22-23 (NLT)

Luke 12-13, Psalm 118

Luke 12;22-23 (NLT)

“Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, ‘That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing.’”

In Luke 12:22–23, Jesus tells His disciples not to worry about the everyday necessities of life, such as food or clothing. Christ didn't want His disciples to be preoccupied with how their daily needs would be provided. He reminded them that life is more than food and the body is more than clothing. As Jesus continued teaching, He encouraged His disciples to trust that Father-God knew what they needed and would care for them.

One of the Bible commentaries I read on these verses pointed out that greed and worry have a close connection. Greed can make a person feel that they can never have enough, while worry can make them afraid that what they have will never be enough. Another Bible commentary noted that worrying only about food reduces life to concern for physical needs. Jesus didn't want His disciples to be consumed by their physical needs; He wanted them to trust that the Lord would provide for them. Jesus did not want a person's bodily needs to rule their heart or displace their confidence in the Lord. Clothing can also be used to display a person's outward status, but Jesus wanted His disciples to focus instead on seeking Father-God's Kingdom and trusting Him with their needs.

When I consider all the occasions when I have felt deeply worried, it seems that many of those worries were driven by the fear of never having enough or the thought that what I already had would never be enough. I didn't know to look to the Lord to provide for my needs because I thought it was always going to be entirely up to me. Now I know that I can trust the Lord to help me because I am His child, and He cares for His children. I can rely on Father-God while doing my part and align myself with His purpose for my life.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who teaches us to trust Father-God with our needs instead of allowing worry to rule our hearts—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: