Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

It's been a weird week, too weird to write about I guess.

I thought last week that maybe work was getting better. Everyone at work was nicer, or at least trying to act nicer. What an illusion that was though!

On Tuesday, the senior manager I don't get along with took the group out to lunch and it was so damned awkward for me and other guy who don't get along with her. These are the times when I feel that my dysfunctional family training really came in handy. Just even walking to the restaurant was awful. But I got through it and I had a second interview at the place I interviewed with last week.

It turns out the job was better than I thought, and I'm excied now. I have a third phone interview on Monday and if works out I'll get an in-person interview, and then hopefully I'll be able to hand in my resignation and start a new job. My friend who is very psychic said she is getting good vibes about me getting the job.

I wrote a list of what my ideal job should be like, and this job is 90% of the list. It's not 100%, but 90% is not bad either. I'm so stressed out at my current job, that probably any job is sounding good right now.

The negative energy in my group is just so awful. I felt it as soon as I arrived at my desk. I don't trust my co-workers. They haven't done anything wrong, but intuitively they feel so toxic to me. I've always been able to deal with all kinds of freaks at my jobs, and there's been plenty. But I can't do it any more. It's a little shocking to me, but you know life is just too short to get up in the morning dreading your job. I love two of my bosses, and I like some of the people at my job, but I can't be around people who are so toxic to me.

No comments: