Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Today is my last day on Kauai. I put flower leis on my grandparents' grave, saw my uncle who has since March been eating through an iv tube, checked out all my old stomping grounds, and even took a swim in the ocean.

It's been raining since yesterday, which is good for the island because the guy at the car rental place told me it's been very dry here these past few months.

I wish I was staying longer, but it's time to leave. I hope my next time here will be when M-Square and I are together and I can introduce him to the family.

My birthday was yesterday ... yeah me! My aunt gave me about $3,000 worth of her old jewerly including a $1,000 silver bracelet with garnets, which is my birthstone. For my birthday treat to myself, I had a shiatsu massage at the hotel. The girl who gave me the massage was terrific! Then I went to Lappert's, which is the local iceacream palce here, and had a Lava Tube. A lava tube contains a scoop each of vanilla, macadamia, and caramel ice cream. The scoops are then covered with hot and caramel fudge, and topped with more macadamia nuts, whip cream and a cherry. Perfect vacation food yes?

My aunt and cousins took me to eat sushi at the best sushi place on the island called Kintaro. The sushi was ordinary except for the handrolled sushi crabcakes, which was divine. The crab was fresh and it was a type of sushi I'd never seen before.

I leave for the airport in about three hours, and now I'm off to take my last swim in my hometown waters. It's been a fun trip, short and sweet, and definitely worth it.

No comments: