Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, April 29, 2024

Day 118 Bible Reading - Luke 24: 45-47 (ESV)

Joshua 13-14, Luke 24: 36-53, Psalm 68: 7-14

Luke 24: 45-47 (ESV)

“Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

Verses 45 through 47 from Luke 24 show Jesus talking to his disciples about how his death and resurrection were written in the scriptures. David Guzik wrote the following about these verses, “Jesus wanted them to understand that the cross was not some unfortunate obstacle that had to hurdled. It was a necessary part of God’s redemptive plan for man, and that it would be in the name of a crucified and risen Savior that repentance and remission of sins will be brought to the world.” I think it was probably hard in the beginning for the disciples to understand why Christ had to be crucified because of their personal relationship with him. I don’t think any of us even today can fully understand and appreciate the sacrifice that Christ made for us. I don’t think I fully grasp it either, but I know that what Christ did changed our world for the better.

No comments: