Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Day 282 Bible Readings – Proverbs 3: 25-26 (ESV)

Jeremiah 18-20, 1 Thessalonians 1, 1 Thessalonians 2: 1-16, Proverbs 3: 21-35

Proverbs 3: 25-26 (ESV)

“Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.”

Verses 25 and 26 from Proverbs 3 tells if you have faith in God, you do not need to afraid when bad things happen to you. You can confide in God and ask for guidance and help, and your Father-God will keep the worst from happening to you. When I read these verses, I don’t think it means that we will not experience a season of trouble or affliction. No one can escape the trials and tribulations of life. But if you have faith in God and confide in him, God will guide you and help you so you can endure a season of trouble with a calm and peaceful mind. My faith in God makes me feel like I am never alone. I also have God’s help and guidance with me in all situations, good and bad. Without faith in God, you must rely on yourself, your family, other people, the government, etc. And in my experience, reliance on anything other than God left me always fearful. I honestly don’t know why you wouldn’t want to have faith in God, because your faith leaves you much less fearful.

I often wonder if a lack of faith in God is the reason depression and suicide rates have increased in these last few years. My faith in God keeps me from getting depressed. And if I do succumb to depression, my faith in God pulls me out of my depression. Faith in God gives us a reason to hope and live for, because God promises us a better future and he always delivers on his promises.

No comments: