Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, October 04, 2024

Day 276 Bible Readings – Philippians 4: 6-7 (ESV)

Jeremiah 6, Jeremiah 7: 1-29, Philippians 4, Psalm 147: 1-11

Philippians 4: 6-7 (ESV)

“do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Verses 6 and 7 from Philippians 4 is Paul’s recommendation to the Church of Philippi about how to have peace. Paul says that if you if you always are always grateful to God and pray to him, you will have peace of mind and will not be anxious about anything. I’ve found in my life when I pray to God and tell him of my requests, I experience a sense peace that comes over me and calms me down. I know this peace of mind comes from my trust in God and my memory of all the times in my life, God fulfilled my prayers. But if you have don’t have a history of God fulfilling your prayers, you can read in the Bible of all the times God fulfilled the prayers for his people. Or you can also read books filled with the testimonials of people who have seen God answer the prayers in their life. Anyone who has seen their prayers answered by God will be able to tell you the sense of peace they have in their life because of their faith in Jesus Christ.

No comments: