Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Day 288 Bible Readings – Proverbs 6: 9-11 (ESV)

Jeremiah 31: 15-40, Jeremiah 32: 1-25, 2 Thessalonians 3, Proverbs 6: 1-11

Proverbs 6: 9-11 (ESV)

“How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.”

I love verses 9 through 11 from Proverbs 6 because it’s about laziness and sleeping too much. I love laying in bed all day but I know if I do that too much, I feel so lazy. It’s not that I don’t get anything done in bed because I do, but there is something about getting out of bed that makes me feel productive and not lazy. Solomon knew that laziness was not good for people so he warned that if you are lazy and don’t get out of bed, you will end up in poverty.

Because I like working in bed, I make sure I get up and make the bed. Then I wash and get dressed for the day and get back in bed and do my work. I am up and awake and not sleeping, but I am in bed and working. But I know I can’t stay in bed for a long time because it’s too tempting to take a nap, especially in the afternoon. So Solomon was right. Sleeping in for too long is not a good thing, and I love that Solomon knew this thousands of years ago.

No comments: