Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, January 12, 2024

Day 10 Bible Reading

Genesis 21 & 22; Matthew 8: 23-24, Psalm 7: 10-17

Genesis 22: 1-3 (ESV)

“After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and his son Isaac.”

I love these verses from Genesis 22. Abraham was so obedient to God. His relationship with God was so clear and there was nothing hidden between them. When God called his name, Abraham did not hide and said “Here I am.” In contrast, I was reminded of Adam who hid from God after he ate the apple because of his shame. When God told Adam he was to sacrifice his only son Isaac, Abraham didn’t hesitate. He was automatic “Yes” and he left early the next to fulfill the task. I want to take inspiration from Abraham’s obedience. I am not an automatic “Yes” to life and certain not to Christ. I have to think, I have to analyze, I have to ponder, and I need to sleep on any decision I make. And sometimes depending on what Christ is asking, I have to ask for signs. The apostle I identify the most with, and have done so since I was a child, was Doubting Thomas. I’m the one who has to have proof to believe. I would like to change that this year. I don’t know what Biblical character I want to identify with, but I’m going to take on Abraham for a bit to see what it would be like to be that obedient to God. I want to say “I am here”, when God calls me name and be an automatic “Yes” to requests. I don’t know what my life will be like, but I’m looking forward to seeing how my life will change.

No comments: