Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Day 11 Bible Reading

Genesis 23 & 24, Matthew 9, Psalm 8

Matthew 9: 20-22 (ESV)

“And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, for she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.” Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.

I love the faith of the woman who thought if she only touched a piece of Christ’s clothing she would get well. Her faith was so strong for someone who had had an illness for 12 years. Instant healing seems so rare to me. I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone who’s had an instant healing that I know. I know many, many people who have healed when they should have died. But their healing wasn’t instant. Still, the faith of this woman is so inspiring to me. I have a health issue that’s not painful, but more annoying than anything else. I pray about it daily and while it doesn’t seem to be getting any worse, it’s also not getting better. When I went to a healer, they told me this health issue would take time to heal. I’ve definitely made progress on it, but I would love an instant healing. I think I would have to ask myself “what would I need to believe to have an instant healing and what is blocking my instant healing?” Holy Spirit has been asking me to write about forgiveness, so I started doing that. People I thought I had forgiven years ago are coming up. I think Holy Spirit is telling me before I can be healed, I need to forgive because God wants me to come to him without the sin of pride and self-righteousness in my heart.

No comments: