Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, January 19, 2024

Day 17 Bible Reading

Genesis 34 & 35, Matthew 12: 46-50, Matthew 13: 1-17, Psalm 10: 1-11

Matthew 13: 8 (ESV)

“Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

Verse 8 from Matthew 13 stood out to me today. I feel at times my Christian life is like the seed that fell on good soil, but the yield is often different from year to year. For the last three years, the seed has produced much grain which increases year by year. But the last three years prior to that, the seed produced barely any grain. I was trying to find a church to join, and I wasn’t having much luck. I did find a wonderful church where they had a 5 pm Saturday service that I loved. The pastor preached great sermons and the singing was very good, but that church was so far away from where I lived. Growing up we always walked to church, and I knew that if the church I joined was too far away I would find excuses not to attend. Three years ago I finally found a church I liked that’s a 10 minute drive from where I live, but I waited a year to join because I wanted to be sure it would be a good place for me to deepen my Christian faith. Holy Spirit led me to this church and I’m glad I followed God’s plan, because this church has exceeded my expectations of everything I was looking for in a church community.

No comments: