Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Day 19 Bible Reading

Genesis 38 & 39, Matthew 13: 36-68, Psalm 11

Genesis 39: 20-23 (ESV)

“And Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined, and he was there in prison. But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever was done there, he was the one who did it. The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph's charge, because the Lord was with him. And whatever he did, the Lord made it succeed.”

Verses 20-23 from Genesis 39 shows that if God favors you, you will succeed no matter where you go. Poor Joseph! It seems as if he had no luck when he got thrown into prison on false charges. But even in prison, Joseph did well. He was put in charge of all the prisoners. And if you know the story of Joseph, this was all part of God’s plan. How many times have I been upset that I had bad luck and thought in that instant, God was not looking out for me. But in hindsight, the bad luck ended up being a good thing. When I moved and changed jobs, I made a financial decision to take my money out of an investment because I wanted to manage the money myself. It was the right thing to do because of the move, but if I hadn’t moved I would have left the money in that investment. A year later that investment fund went belly-up, and if I hadn’t taken my money out because of the move I would have lost a very large amount of money. So what I thought was bad luck turned out to be the best thing in the world for me financially. So the move in many ways turned out to be the best thing for me in more ways than one. God always seems to have a plan for our lives that works out for the best, even when we can see only see in in hindsight.

No comments: