Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Day 14 Bible Reading

Genesis 29 & 30, Matthew 11, Psalm 9: 1-12

Matthew 11: 28-30 (ESV)

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I love these verses from Matthew 11. They are probably in my top 10 for favorite Bible verses. Jesus promises to give those of who are weary rest. Christ says he is gentle and lowly n heart, and that following him will be easy and our burden light because he will share it with us And by sharing it, he meant he will take our sins away from us when he goes to die on the cross. There have been so many times when I have been so weary in my heart in the past, and my only comfort was my faith in Christ. When my mother died and I felt so lost, I felt myself being held by Jesus in the palms of his hands because I was so emotionally fragile for a few days. I remember thinking back then, I don’t know how anyone deals with grief on their own without Christ in their life. I felt so luck and grateful to have my strong faith during that season of loss in my life. Jesus gave me rest from weariness, from my sadness, and he gave his protection.

No comments: